Living in a post-pandemic world calls for extra caution. From the choices of food we eat to the air we breathe, we’d prefer extra measures to ensure safety. With Coronavirus taking the world by storm, hygiene, social-distancing, quarantine, and extra measures saved our lives. So welcome to the new world of post-Covid19, where health is wealth, and air purifiers are life-savers.
Even prior to the pandemic, air purifiers were in raging demand to combat pollutants in the air. The first step to clean air is to get started with the process of at home for the safety of your family members. . The long term strategy is to take care of our environment, plant trees, and ensure minimum waste. The quick way is to install an
Here are the in the UAE
|Air Purifier||Filter||Reviews||Best Price|
|Xiaomi Mi 2H||HEPA Filter||Boasts sleek and attractive design and is known to work seamlessly with phone apps.||Noon: AED 508|
|Philips 2000 Series||NanoProtect Filter||Hailed for its ability to sense harmful particles smaller than even PM2.||Amazon: AED 1,474
|Hitachi EPA3000||HEPA Filter||Budget-friendly, compact and effective makes this air purifier one of the top sellers in the world.||Noon: AED 515
|Hitachi EPA6000||HEPA Filter||Known for its energy efficiency and sustainability.||Amazon: AED 1541.40
|Blueair Classic 480i||HEPA Silent Technology and Smokestop Filter||One of the most powerful air purifiers at a clean air delivery rate (CADR) of up to 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM) for dust clearance.||Noon: AED 2999
|Airocide||No filter since it sanitizes air||Its NASA Technology is said to destroy nearly 100% of harmful allergens.||Amazon: AED 2550
|Dyson||HEPA Filter and Activated Carbon Filters||Captures 99.95% of microscopic allergens and pollutants and the filter lasts for 12 months.||Amazon: AED 2,199
What is an air purifier?
or an is an indoor device that removes contaminants from the air to improve . In the 1950s, with filters was hailed after it was used in the United States’ Manhattan Project to control airborne radioactive contaminants. From the 60s it was commercialized and as we stand today, the reasons to install a at home outweigh the reasons to not.
How does an work?
Air purifiers are capable of trapping a high percentage of to kick in with purified air. and irritants to improve . The way it works is pretty simple. Air purifiers are aided with internal fans that suck the air inside your room through filters that instantly removes harmful like , , and bacteria and throws back the purified air to the room. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum 2 hours for the
When reading about air purifiers you will come across the term HEPA and , , , and . , on the other hand, captures up to 99.97 percent of as small as 0.3 microns, which include a range of allergens and odors. These are too tiny for the human eye to see, but they are large enough to cause damage. ensures these allergens never make it to your room.. It’s imperative to know the difference. The term HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air and HEPA filters are capable of capturing 99 percent of including
Types of filters and what’s the safest to use?
is designed to remove 99.97 percent of at 0.3 microns in size from the air. This would obviously remove the large of , , , and . From airplanes to homes, is used everywhere and is obviously a safe choice for effective . The is easy to find since it is the most common in the market.
Cons: While can grasp 99.97 percent of , lethal and tiny from can pass through. One of the main drawbacks is that a needs quite often. If the filter becomes damp, it can end up releasing instead of filtering them out. HEPA filters do not remove gaseous from the air.
can remove gaseous pollutants like the in tobacco smoke.
Cons: Though the lasts pretty long, the harmful VOCs tend to stick to the filter surface.
Ionic or UV can thoroughly make , by ionizing all germs, , , , , and bacteria. However, the ‘s key side effect makes it unsafe to use in the house.
Cons: The air is clean, but UV emits as a side effect. is a toxin that can damage the lungs and cause developmental problems in children.
These air purifiers produce as their principal means of purging the air.
Cons: As mentioned above, is unsafe to use, especially in enclosed spaces with children. Even the EPA recommends not using these for health and safety reasons.
Verdict: After evaluating air filters the best one to use would be a and a . Among the list of majority of those are
What are the benefits of an ?
As mentioned earlier, the reasons to have an at home outweigh the reasons why you should not. Here are the benefits of having a at home.
- at home is a good option to let your family breathe quality air and retain good health. : can be more harmful than the air outside. According to the EPA, the levels of pollutants are often 2 to 5 times higher than outdoor levels, and in some cases, these levels can exceed 100 times. An
- Health benefits: The harmful diseases associated with air pollution includes asthma, allergies, emphysema, cardiovascular, and lung diseases. Hence, will ensure that these diseases never bother your home. Breathing pure air will allow your body and mind to function efficiently leading to better oxygen absorption by your brain.
- Makes you efficient: With good air, comes the benefit of feeling fresh, refreshed, and focused. With work from home scenarios now, the will ease the stress of feeling “trapped,” and will help you stay focused at work.
- Removes unpleasant odors: Every house has a smell but only the dwellers don’t know. If you aren’t sure if your home smells good, then is the answer. It can instantly remove unpleasant odors including that of your kitchen, and smokes.
- Traps allergens from pets: Your pets do contribute to come to the rescue of trapping these before it settles at home. pollution by scattering fur, releasing , odors, , and some allergens.
- Removes 99% bacteria: Air purifiers are said to remove up to 99 percent of airborne bacteria. Small like and float around the air. Air purifiers, by monitoring the in the room with internal filters, helps remove up to 99 percent of these .
- Combats seasonal allergens: Seasonal allergies are a common problem and are extremely unsafe to have it now. Air purifiers ensure these allergens are kept out of the home.
- Helps children and the elderly: By controlling air-borne allergens, air purifiers stops the transmission of sickness from one person to another. It also helps the immunity by avoiding any such infection.
- Do it for your lungs: Exposure to , , other airborne matter can cause long-term breathing and health issues for you and your family. Using an at home will ensure a healthy lung, thanks to the good air you breathe.
- Portable: Air purifiers are portable, they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Be it for your home or your car, a can fit anywhere to help you breathe clean air.
in the UAE
Now that we know the benefits of these air purifiers, let’s get to the in the UAE. These have been tried and tested. Here are the air purifiers reviews and rest assured, you can get it well within your budget using VoucherCodesUAE’s exclusive coupon codes. Whether you are shopping from Noon , or Amazon , always use the coupon code to save more.
Xiaomi Mi 2H
Reviewed to be the ultimate “game-changer,” Mi 2H boasts sleek and attractive design. Known to work seamlessly with phone apps as well as with Alexa, it is one of the top-rated air purifiers in the UAE.
- With HEPA filters, this removes 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns.
- The real-time AQI monitoring sensors give constant quality checks on the air in the house.
- It can be seamlessly controlled with a remote, Mi Home APP, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa.
- It gives 260 m³/h CADR ;18 ~31m² effective coverage.
- Purifies room in 10 minutes.
Philips 2000 Series
Philips 2000 series are rated high for its ability to sense harmful smaller than even PM2. 5. Mid-point between Philips 1000 and 3000, the 2000 series render quality care for those on a budget while ensuring cleaner air output with real-time feedback.
- AeraSense is an innovative technology with the accuracy and performance of a professional sensor. It identifies common allergens and processes the information to ensure that the ’s settings are at the ideal level for current air conditions.
- Automatically monitors, reacts, and purifies the air. The Philips has three automatic purification settings: a general mode, an extra-sensitive mode, and an extra-powerful bacteria and virus mode. You can choose your preferred mode to personalize and optimize purification.
- Gives feedback on real-time by showing PM2.5 level.
- Boasts VitaShield IPS technology, aerodynamic design and nano protect filter that delivers clean air up to 344 m3/hour. It can effectively remove ultra-fine as small as 20nm, reduce harmful gases such as formaldehyde, TVOC and .
- With smart light control, both AQI and the light on the UI can be dimmed and/or turned off.
- Aerodynamic architecture boosts efficient air flow.
- Healthy air protect alerts: This filter is accurately calculated based on the indoor pollution level, airflow, and operation time. The healthy air protects alert lets you know when it is time to replace the filter. If the filter is not replaced promptly, the appliance stops functioning to avoid ineffective purification.
- Low noise: when in Silent Mode, the turns down its fan speed and noise level to allow a comfortable night’s sleep.
- The product comes with 2 years warranty.
Hitachi EPA3000 Air Purifiers
Budget-friendly, compact and effective makes this one of the top sellers in the world. Hitachi’s Air Purifiers were awarded the Allergy UK Seal of Approval for their ability to reduce exposure to allergens.
- Eliminates odors and potentially harmful toxins such as paint fumes.
- Automatically removes allergens and pollutants from your home. The has three operation modes; , , and Air Purify.
- It allows you to easily monitor your with a highly responsive remote control. It is also easy to adjust the airflow.
- Long-range projection to circulate purified air across the room.
Immediately following the budget-friendly Hitachi is the EPA6000 model that boasts energy efficiency and sustainability. Not only does this high-end tackle but it releases ion fragrance antibiotics for an aromatic experience. The five-mode operation enables the appliance to adapt to your home environment for best results and the filter system engineered into the appliance purifies air at an unparalleled rate.
- It comes with automatic shut-off protection tank with a warning indication for an empty tank.
- It consumes low amount of energy that makes it environment friendly.
- Increases humidity of air while reducing and bacteria.
- Releases ion fragrance antibiotics and aroma to help relax your body and mind.
- It helps to defend against allergies.
- It boasts of five operation modes; , Air Purify, Strong Deodorization, Skin Moisturize, and Humidify.
- The purifying operation is quiet and seamless, making the ambiance more pleasant.
- The works smoothly on minimum power consumption.
- The stylish build of the also features an elegant red finish, which blends in well with home decor.
Blueair Classic 480i
The Blueair Classic 480i is said to be one of the most powerful air purifiers at a (CADR) of up to 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM) for clearance. Ideal for medium room to large rooms between 300 sq ft. 400 sq. Ft. (AHAM rated at 434 sq. ft.) such as small bedrooms, small living rooms, kitchens and offices.
- This is an with HEPA Silent Technology, Smokestop Filter, QAM and Wi-Fi.
- HEPA Silent Technology leverages electrostatic charge and mechanical , and . to deliver performance capturing 99.97% of including , mold,
- Dual Protection Filters contain activated coconut carbon and naturally removes gaseous pollutants without the need for chemical additives.
- Air quality sensor monitors in real-time and can adjust the fan speed according to auto mode.
- WIFI Enabled for control through the Blueair friend app and is compatible with Amazon Alexa.
- Energy star rated for best in class energy performance. All filters are recyclable and suggested to be replaced every 6 months depending on use.
When 52% of the online reviews give a 5-star rating to Airocide , it definitely means that customers are extremely satisfied. With a NASA Technology to back-up the innovation, Airocide has a lot of tempting features including the automatic built-in light sensor that adjusts to darkness.
- It is said to destroy nearly 100% of harmful allergens.
- Reduces exposure to top allergens like mold, bacteria, and .
- A filter-free that uses NASA-developed nanotechnology.
- No and is FDA Approved.
Noon: AED 2550
Dyson vacuum cleaners are hard to compete with, but with air cleaners, it may or may not be worth the money. However, those following the Dyson cult, these are the key things you need to know about the Dyson Pure Cool .
- Sealed HEPA and filters capture 99.95% of microscopic allergens and pollutants.
- It automatically senses and reports in real-time and reports to the Dyson Link app.
- It allows up to 350 degrees of oscillation with remote and voice-activated controls through Alexa.
- It delivers +77 gallons per second of airflow using the Air Multiplier technology to clean the whole room.
- Filter lasts approximately 12 months (based on 12 hrs. of use) and the unit notifies you when the filter needs to be changed.
Air Purifiers to look out for:
One to look out for is the taking the world by storm. 211 is raking reviews for its powerful one-button feature that claims to clean “the entire volume of air in medium-sized to large rooms up to five times per hour.”
Known to be quite and powerful, is currently out of stock. Ideal for large rooms, this is backed by the smarts of NASA airflow engineers. Its WhisperMax technology makes it twice as quiet despite the turbo speed. “It’s the you can actually live with.”
Stylish, energy-efficient, and ultra quiet, is one of the top air purifiers in the league. It is currently out of stock in the UAE market. You have to wait for this stylish beast.
Listed above are the best air purifiers but the best one for you will be the one that suits your budget. As mentioned earlier, air purifiers don’t remedy illness, but it helps avoid medical emergencies associated with air pollution. Since children and elderly folks are highly vulnerable to lung diseases, worsened by is recommended. We know by now, prevention is the best medicine. pollution,
Stay safe. If you are a frequent online shopper then install the CouponBot extension to automatically get discounts when checking out.