Hey there, summer lovers! It’s time to pack away those bulky winter clothes and embrace the season of sun-kissed skin, beachy waves, and ice-cold drinks. But, what’s the perfect outfit to rock when the sun is blazing hot? Don’t sweat it, my friend! We’ve got you covered with our ultimate summer fabric guide that’ll have you feeling and looking as cool as a cucumber.
With VoucherCodesUAE, you can find various deals and discounts on products from popular retailers. Browse the website, find the deal that suits your needs, and use the code at checkout to save money on your purchase.
Reasons why your summer fabric choices are key!
Summer fabric selection is crucial for not one, not two, but three BIG reasons!
- Firstly, they’re generally lighter and more breathable, which is essential if you’re spending time outside or engaging in outdoor activities.
- Secondly, they’re moisture-wicking, meaning they draw sweat away from your skin and keep you dry, preventing skin irritation and other unpleasant conditions.
- Finally, by choosing the right fabrics for the weather, you can create a summer wardrobe that’s both comfy and chic, giving you the best of both worlds!
Characteristics of summer fabrics
Summer fabrics are known for their ability to keep you cool and comfy during scorching days. Here are some key features of these fabrics:
- Lightweight: Summer fabrics are typically lightweight and easy to wear. These are designed to allow air to flow through the material, which helps keep it cool and relaxed.
- Breathable: Breathability is another essential characteristic of summer fabrics. These fabrics allow air to circulate freely, which helps regulate the body temperature and prevent overheating.
- Moisture-wicking: Many summer fabrics are moisture-wicking, which draws sweat from the skin and keeps you dry.
- Quick-drying: Some summer fabrics dry quickly, which can be particularly useful if you’re participating in outdoor activities or getting caught in a summer rainstorm.
- UV protection: Some summer fabrics are also designed to provide UV protection, which can help prevent sunburn and other skin damage.
- Soft and comfortable: Finally, summer fabrics are often smooth, which can help prevent chafing and other skin irritations.
Types Of Summer Fabrics to Wear During Summer
Here are some of the most popular types of summer fabrics:
Cotton – the superstar fabric dominates the fashion scene all year round. You’ll find it on everything from plain tees and button-ups to shorts and jeans. It’s like the Beyonce of fabrics – comfy, durable, and versatile, making it the perfect pick for bedding, textiles, and clothes. No wonder it’s the textile’s king (or queen)!
What is cotton fabric?
Cotton is similar to a breath of fresh air for your wardrobe. This highly breathable fiber is like a moisture-sucking sponge that lets your skin breathe, thanks to its open weave that allows free air circulation.
Why wear cotton?
When it comes to hot weather fabrics, cotton is the ultimate no-brainer. Trust us, you’ll want to get cozy with cotton this summer – and here’s why:
- Cotton is comfortable: Unlike those pesky artificial fibers that can leave you feeling itchy, stuffy, and clingy, cotton is like a warm hug. It’s so comfortable that most basic summer clothes are made with 100% cotton or a primary blend. No wonder it’s the ultimate go-to for fashion and feels!
- Naturally sustainable: This super fabric can survive a single wear and still look like it just rolled out of the dryer, meaning you can rock it repeatedly before tossing it in the wash. Plus, it’s a total eco-warrior and even regulated by the USDA.
- Breathable: When it comes to staying cool in the heat, cotton is the ultimate MVP. Unlike synthetic fibers like polyester, which can feel stuffy and suffocating, cotton is like fresh air for your skin. And get this; you can even find moisture-wicking cotton designed to keep you cooler and drier.
Linen is another natural fiber that is ideal for summer. It’s lightweight, breathable, and highly absorbent, which means it keeps you cool and dry in humid weather.
What is linen fabric?
Linen fiber made from fibers of the flax plant is lightweight and breathable. This textile is a must-have for everything from home decor to fashion. Whether lounging in linen sheets or strutting your stuff in a breezy button-up, linen is the ultimate calm and collected companion for hot summer days.
Why wear linen?
Linen is, without a doubt, the king of summer fabrics. Here’s the reason why:
- Durability: Linen is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to durability – this natural fiber is known to be the strongest in the world. That means your linen garments can withstand regular wear and tear without losing shape. Linen is so durable that the ancient Egyptians even used it to wrap mummies during mummification. Linen fibers are often used in blends with cotton to strengthen cotton garments. Did you know that US dollar bills comprise 25% linen? That’s right, even your money can benefit from linen’s natural durability.
- Breathability: Linen is highly breathable, preventing the fabric from clinging to your skin. This helps to cool you down, especially when a refreshing breeze blows through the lightweight material. Additionally, linen is highly absorbent and can wick away perspiration from your skin, keeping you relaxed. Because of its unique molecular structure, linen absorbs up to 20% moisture of its weight before it starts to feel damp, and it dries faster than cotton.
- Sustainability: Linen fabric has another bonus that makes it more relaxed – eco-friendly. As it’s made from the flax plant, linen grows in poor soil conditions and needs less water during production, making it a more sustainable choice. In addition to being lightweight and breathable, untreated linen is 100% biodegradable.
- Antibacterial properties: Linen is a unique fabric derived from flax fibers, setting it apart from other natural materials. What makes linen even more remarkable is that it contains silica, a natural element that inhibits the growth of bacteria. This means linen has inherent anti-viral, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal properties to keep you fresh and clean.
Rayon, a versatile fabric, possesses numerous advantages similar to cotton and is an affordable substitute for silk. Rayon is highly breathable and moisture-wicking, and it offers softness and stretchiness.
What is Rayon fabric?
Rayon, also referred to as viscose, is a cellulosic fiber that is semi-synthetic. Made from renewable raw materials, Rayon possesses many desirable properties, such as softness, comfort, absorbency, and breathability. Rayon is also easy to dye and is the world’s third most commonly used textile fiber.
Why wear Rayon?
Rayon is a fabric commonly used for athletic and casual wear due to its moisture-absorbent and breathable properties. It’s a versatile fabric in various clothing items, such as shirts, trousers, dresses, and outerwear.
- Smooth and comfortable: Rayon’s allure lies in its silky-smooth texture that is gentle on the skin. It has a plush feel similar to cotton and linen, making it an excellent choice for comfortable wear.
- Breathable & moisture absorbent: Surprisingly, Rayon is even more absorbent than cotton, making it an ideal pick for activewear and tropical climates. However, it’s important to note that Rayon can shrink when wet.
Chambray may not be as widely recognized as denim, but it boasts a similar appearance and texture. However, unlike its heavy counterpart, Chambray is a much lighter fabric. It shares the same weave structure as denim, with blue warp and white weft threads are woven together, but it’s known for its airiness. Chambray can come in lightweight and heavier varieties, making it a versatile option for various clothing styles.
What is Chambray fabric?
Chambray is a plain-weave fabric made of cotton, with a dyed warp yarn and white filling yarn. It’s recognizable by its loose weave, making it an excellent choice for casual shirts. The tighter the weave, the more polished the chambray shirt will look.
Also read: Why H&M Home is the perfect summer dream
Why wear Chambray?
Here are a few reasons why chambray clothing makes for an excellent choice.
- Chambray is soft: Chambray fabric is naturally soft and breathable, although the initial texture may be slightly rough. It primarily comprises short-staple cotton, but long-staple cotton can also be used. Fabrics made with long fibers tend to be softer and more durable.
- Summer friendly: Chambray is an excellent fabric for the summer season as it provides a relaxed feel in hot and humid weather. Its higher thread count, and finer weave offer breathability, making it a perfect choice for staying comfortable on those scorching days.
- Versatile: Chambray is a versatile fabric, much like denim. It can be worn tucked in for a more formal look or untucked for a casual, laid-back vibe.
Seersucker is a summer wardrobe essential, particularly for those who are fashion-conscious. While it may resemble linen, its natural creasing sets it apart. There are numerous reasons why seersucker is a popular fabric for summer clothing.
What is seersucker fabric?
Seersucker is not a specific type of fabric but rather a style of material typically made from thin, puckered cotton or a cotton blend. Seersucker is woven in a way that causes the threads to bunch together, creating a raised texture that sits away from the skin. The natural wrinkling of seersucker gives it a unique look while also making it highly airy, perfect for the hot summer season.
Why wear seersucker?
Find below some of the benefits of wearing this stylish fabric.
- Breathability: The puckering of seersucker fabric creates tiny air pockets, which enhance air circulation and allow for breathability, ensuring a relaxed and comfortable feel even on the hottest summer days.
- Lightweight: Seersucker is a popular fabric choice, particularly in the summer season. Its lightweight and airy texture is perfect for outdoor events such as weddings or picnics.
- Low maintenance: As seersucker fabric is already puckered and wrinkled, it doesn’t easily show signs of additional wrinkles, making it a low-maintenance material.
Poplin fabric has a tightly closed weave and a distinct ribbed texture, which gives it a lustrous appearance like silk. The term “poplin” nowadays mainly refers to the weave style of the fabric.
What is poplin fabric?
Poplin is a lightweight plain woven cotton fabric with fine horizontal ribs, creating a solid and crisp texture with a lustrous surface similar to silk. It’s light and flowy nature makes it ideal for warm climates. Initially used for casual clothing, poplin is now widely used in everyday high fashion. While it was previously made from wool and silk, modern poplin is made from cotton.
Why wear poplin?
Here are a few reasons why poplin is such a fantastic summer fabric:
- Low maintenance and durability: Poplin’s durable nature makes it an excellent choice for workwear that needs to withstand regular washing. Additionally, poplin is an ideal travel option if you’re always on the go due to its wrinkle and odor-resistant properties.
- Versatile: Poplin’s lustrous texture makes it a versatile fabric suitable for formal and casual occasions, whether headed to the office or lounging at home. Its crisp and lightweight feel makes it a popular choice for summer attire.
- Affordable: Despite its luxurious appearance, poplin is an inexpensive fabric option.
How To Choose the Right Summer Fabrics for Your Needs
Here are some tips on selecting the perfect summer fabrics for your needs:
- Look for lightweight fabrics: Choose fabrics that are lightweight and breathable, such as cotton, linen, or Rayon. These fabrics allow air to circulate freely, which helps keep you cool and comfortable.
- Consider the activity you’ll be doing: If you plan on being active outdoors, look for moisture-wicking and quick-drying fabrics, such as polyester or a blend of polyester and cotton.
- Choose light colors: Dark colors absorb heat, making you feel hotter in the summer. Choose fabrics in light colors like white, pastels, and other light shades to reflect sunlight and keep you more relaxed.
- Check the label: Look for fabrics designed for summer or warm weather. These fabrics will often have terms like “breathable,” “moisture-wicking,” or “cooling” on the label.
- Consider your personal preferences: Different people have different choices regarding fabrics. Some people prefer natural fibers like cotton and linen, while others prefer synthetic fabrics like polyester. Choose materials that feel comfortable against your skin and suit your personal preferences.
How To Care for Summer Fabrics
Proper care and maintenance of summer fabrics extend their lifespan. Here are some tips for caring for summer fabrics:
- Please read the care label: Read the care label on your clothing before washing it. The label will instruct how to properly clean, dry, and iron the fabric.
- Wash in cool water: Wash your summer fabrics in cool or lukewarm water to prevent shrinkage or damage to the fibers. Hot water can cause some materials to lose their shape and color.
- Use a gentle detergent: Use a mild, gentle detergent to wash your summer fabrics. Harsh detergents can damage the fibers and cause colors to fade.
- Hang dry: Hang your summer fabrics to dry instead of using a dryer. This will prevent shrinkage. Avoid drying fabrics in direct sunlight, which can cause colors to fade.
- Iron on a low setting: Some summer fabrics may require ironing to remove wrinkles. Use a low heat setting and iron the fabric while it’s slightly damp.
- Store properly: When storing your summer fabrics, ensure they’re clean and dry. Avoid storing the fabrics in direct sunlight or damp areas, as this can cause mold or mildew to develop.
Outfit ideas for summer using different types of fabrics
Summer is the perfect time to experiment with fabrics and create stylish outfits that keep you cool and comfortable. Here are some outfit ideas for summer using different types of materials:
A cotton sundress from H&M is a classic summer look that’s both comfortable and stylish. Pair a cotton sundress with strappy sandals and a floppy hat for a chic summer look.
Use the H&M coupon code “DJD4” and get 20% off on full-priced items.
A linen shirt and shorts are perfect for a casual summer day. Pair a linen shirt with shorts and sneakers for a laid-back look that’s both stylish and comfortable. Get up to 80% off fashion sales with H&M discount code “DNAA5”
A flowy, bohemian-style maxi dress from Amazon made of rayon is perfect for a summer evening out. Pair the dress with wedges and statement earrings for a dressier look. Save up to 50% on the latest fashion trends with the Amazon promo code and discount deals on VoucherCodesUAE.
A chambray shirt from 6th Street paired with denim shorts is a classic summer look. Add a pair of white sneakers and a straw tote bag for a casual yet stylish outfit. Get 10% off on your first order with the 6th Street discount code “FIRST10”.
A seersucker blouse paired with wide-leg pants is perfect for a summer office look. Add a pair of heels and statement earrings for a polished look.
A poplin dress from Namshi is perfect for a summer wedding or other formal event. Pair the dress with strappy heels and delicate jewelry for a sophisticated look. Get 15% off full-priced items with Namshi discount code “NM532”
Where To Find Deals and Discounts on Summer Fabrics?
If you’re looking for deals and discounts on summer fabrics, VoucherCodesUAE is a great place to start. VoucherCodesUAE is an online platform that offers discount codes and coupons for a variety of brands and retailers, including those that specialize in summer fabrics.
To find deals on summer fabrics on VoucherCodesUAE:
- Simply visit the website and search for your favorite brands or retailers. You can also browse the “Summer Deals” category to find discounts on a variety of summer essentials, including clothing, accessories, and more.
- Once you’ve found a deal that you’re interested in, simply click on the coupon or discount code to activate the offer.
- You can then use the code at checkout to apply the discount to your purchase.
- In addition to offering discounts during summer, VoucherCodesUAE provides users with the latest information on sales and promotions from partner brands and retailers.
- By signing up for our newsletter, you’ll receive daily updates on the latest deals and discounts, ensuring you never miss a sale on your favorite summer fabrics.
The key to staying breezy? Picking suitable fabrics for the job and matching them up with your favorite outfits! Whether you’re lounging by the pool or planning a summer party, don’t be afraid to get creative and try out some funky fabrics and styles until you find that perfect summer look!
Frequently asked questions
1. Is Merino wool a great option for summer?
As we head into the summer months, wool fabric is not the first preference when you think of summer fashion. However, merino wool is a great option for those cooler summer days and nights. It’s a lightweight breathable fabric, and it’s soft and comfortable to wear.
2. What are some examples of natural fabrics that make a great choice for shirt dresses?
When finding the perfect dress, a shirt dress made from natural fabric is a great option. Natural fabrics like cotton, linen, and silk are not only breathable and comfortable but also durable. Shirt dresses made from these fabrics can easily transition from casual to formal events, making them a versatile addition to any wardrobe.
3. Is Lycra suitable for summer?
Lycra is known for its high heat resistance and is frequently combined with other materials to enhance the fabric’s flexibility.
4. What is cooler- cotton or polyester?
During the summer, cotton clothing is preferred as it tends to be cooler and more comfortable. The material is not only soft and durable but also breathable. On the other hand, polyester, nylon, and elastane are technical fabrics often utilized in athletic wear because of their quick-drying properties.