The ideas and thoughts about what to buy, cook, and prepare for the holy month have arrived along with Ramadan 2023. This year Ramadan falls on the 22nd of March. The evening meals, or iftar, are generally regarded as one of the best parts of fasting. We at VoucherCodesUAE are here to help you overcome the overwhelm of grocery shopping, meal preparation, and, most importantly time during this rather busy but rewarding schedule.
Get the best advice and tricks to make your life simpler and your food more delicious during Ramadan.
Simple tips for budget-friendly Ramadan grocery shopping 2023
Make your Ramadan more exciting with deals and offers from VoucherCodesUAE. Shop from a variety of products at reasonable prices, including clothing, accessories, beauty products, games, gifts, and more. Use our list of legitimate coupons and discounts from your favorite MENA region online retailers for additional savings. Join our email list to get Ramadan 2023 discounts and deals delivered to your inbox.
1. Plan your delicacies early
Food preparation in advance is essential, whether it is for a week or a fortnight. Make a list of the produce, food, and supplies you’ll need for Iftar and Suhoor. This is because you might have fewer dishes to do during suhoor and more delicious food to eat at dinner. Make a list after asking your family members if they need anything. Talk to your family about your dinner plans so that they can make suggestions if you forget to include anything.
When creating your meal plans, remember to always shop for dry goods first, followed by fresh and frozen goods. This is because the latter shouldn’t be kept outside the refrigerator for an extended period. Keep your fruits and vegetables separate from any uncooked food items on your shopping list for Ramadan.
2. Check on your kitchen and refrigerator
The next step is to compare your shopping list to what’s already there in your refrigerator and kitchen. Add or take away items as necessary to ensure that you don’t bring the same things. Make sure you don’t spend too much money on unnecessary items because that could lead to food waste.
You’ll feel more at ease, be more productive, and be more motivated to prepare your meals, cook them precisely, and serve them if your kitchen and refrigerator are clean and well-kept.
3. Shop for the most required and important items in bulk
To reduce the number of shopping trips, buying everything in bulk might be quite tempting. Remember that not everything needs to be purchased in large quantities.
A select few products are available for bulk purchases. These include:
- Staple foods such as rice, wheat, spices, sugar, and salt.
- Canned foods such as beans, tuna, and salami.
- Frozen foods include shellfish, nuggets, sausages, beef, fries, and beef.
- Materials for cleaning and laundry are necessities during the holy month.
- Because of their short shelf lives, fruits, vegetables, and dairy products shouldn’t be purchased in large quantities. Additionally, only stock your fridge with enough newly purchased items to keep it chilled enough for the food to stay fresh.
Apart from this, what other essential foods can be purchased during Ramadan?
You need to eat a well-balanced diet if you want to stay healthy during Ramadan.
Listed below are some items you should put on your Ramadan shopping list to facilitate meal preparation and support a healthy lifestyle throughout the month:
- Make sure your Ramadan shopping list includes plenty of fresh fruit. You can stay hydrated by eating foods high in water content like watermelons and strawberries.
- Traditional Ramadan fast-breaking methods include dates, which are widely available in Dubai from retailers.
- Fruit juices, smoothies, and milk can all provide natural plant-fruit sugars and nutrients to people who are fasting, though it is best to steer clear of excessive amounts of sugary liquids.
- Stock up on fresh vegetables and legumes when buying food for Ramadan in Dubai. You can boost your immunity by eating foods like bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, eggplants, and tomatoes.
- Dry fruits like apricots, figs, and raisins, as well as almonds, provide essential nutrients during Ramadan and make great snacks.
- During Ramadan, it’s also a good idea to eat whole grains that are high in fiber and minerals, like oats, brown rice, and quinoa.
Also read: Get to know about grocery shopping online
4. Shop for groceries online
A more appealing and convenient choice is to make a shopping list and place an online order from your preferred retailer.
Internet purchases increased significantly during the month of Ramadan, according to data studies. Making it quick, simple, efficient, and convenient. Here are a few online retailers where you can buy your necessities:
1. Noon Grocery is among the best places to buy groceries and other necessities online. Enjoy AED 25 cashback with AED 100 spend via code “FIRST“.
2. Carrefour: This prestigious chain of hypermarkets is present both online and offline. It has everything you could need, from A to Z, including food and personal care products. Get 40% off up to AED/SAR 35 sitewide with the Carrefour promo code “F9H“.
3. Lulu hypermarket: One of the go-to supermarkets, this chain of stores provides a convenient shopping experience with products like produce, meat, canned goods, fruit, and other grocery necessities.
The above tips conclude our Dubai 2023 Ramadan grocery buying guide! This post is intended to help you find the best deals and make smart plans for this wonderful month. This Ramadan, use CouponBot, a Chrome extension that automatically finds the best sales and discounts for you, to save even more money on your shopping.
We wish you a blessed and joyous Ramadan that is full of wonderful memories and, of course, delicious food.