Those of you who like to really work it in the gym and find their peace in early morning runs, the lockdown has not been easy. Despite the ease of restrictions, going out is still not 100% safe. What better way to stay safe and fit at the same time than to have an all-in-one treadmill? Get your effective home workout sessions with these best treadmills in UAE.
Afterall, UAE has been alert on fitness in the pandemic, and we present to you the best-selling treadmills during quarantine.
Treadmills: A basic introduction
Treadmills are appliances used for walking and running. These generally consist of a continuous moving belt on which you run/walk. With the onset of the coronavirus and lockdown restrictions all over the world, you can catch up with your daily exercise routines with this single great appliance.
Types of Treadmills
There are basically two types of treadmills. Based on how they work, they are magnetic treadmills and electric treadmills.
These are manual treadmills that do not need electricity to work. These are moved but your strength alone and are hence good for an intense cardio workout. Also, you can change the intensity of your workout by increasing or decreasing the magnetic pull.
These treadmills are powered by electricity. You can change the speed depending on your needs and also adjust the inclination angle. Though these are more expensive than the manual ones, I assure you, they’re worth all your money.
Advantages of using treadmills
- It can be very hard to find a place for a good run in the city. Get your running staying right at home.
- You can always adjust the intensity of your workout with these great treadmills.
- Want to keep track of the calories you’re burning? These modern workout essentials come with a tracker. So you know just how much you need to push.
- In the age of social distancing, a treadmill at home spares you the horror of the pandemic.
- Last and most important, get good health and a great figure. No other exercise helps in better weight loss than running. So start your weight loss journey now.
Here is a short list of the best treadmills we have picked out.
|Powermax Fitness TDM-98 (4 HP Peak) Motorized Treadmill||999||100 kgs||1.75 HP continuous, 4 HP Peak DC motor|
|Sparnod Fitness STH-1200 (3 HP Peak) Automatic Treadmill||1,305||100 kgs||1.75 HP Continuous & 3 HP Peak Motor|
|Powermax Fitness AC Motor (4HP Peak) Motorized Treadmill||2,299||110 kgs||2HP (4HP Peak) AC Motor|
|Sparnod Fitness STH-5000 (5 HP Peak) Automatic Treadmil||2,349||125 kgs||2.5 HP Continuous & 5 HP Peak Motor|
|Sparnod Fitness STH-6000 3 HP (6 HP Peak) Automatic Motorized Treadmill||3,999||140 kgs||3 HP (6 HP Peak)|
Treadmills or outdoor running?
Running outdoors is basically training yourself to navigate the changing terrain whereas treadmills help you improvise your speed and performance which might lag during outdoor running.
A treadmill can be great and effecient to keep up your health goals but it can never mimic real life and the experience of breathing the fresh outside air. However during these times of lockdown, these are the most efficient workout tools you can get.
Running outside might be a nice experience but it all depends on the weather conditions. However with a treadmill you don’t face such problems.
While running on a treadmill and outdoors have their own pros and cons, in the end it all comes down to the person running. Whether you run outside or inside, if you have the determination, your perfect body and health are just a few steps away.
Things to remember while buying a treadmill
For Home use
If you are considering buying a treadmill for use at home use, you first want to consider the space available at your house. If you have a good space for your treadmills and work out sessions, you can always but the big and bulky ones. However if you want to work it in minimal space, you have foldable ones with efficient space utilisation.
Before buying your treadmill decide what type of exercise you are opting for. Many of you might be trying to replace your gyms with a home gym. So if you have a particular exercise routine, you might want to get yours accordingly. For example most of the cheap treadmills in the market are meant only for walking and jogging. So if you are planning to sprint and do some intense workout, you should get one which is designed for these as well.
Motors are an important factor to consider while choosing a good treadmill. The power of the motors are expressed mostly in terms of HP or horse power.
The optimum HP for
- Walking- 2 HP
- Jogging- 2.5 HP
- Running- 3 HP
Most treadmills available in the market range from 2-6 HP. The higher the HP, the more time you get for your workout.
Running surface area
Length and breadth of the running belt
The appropriate size of the running belt depends on your height. If you are tall and have long legs, you should look for wider and bigger running belts for your large strides. For you tall people the belt should be at least 54 inches for running and 52 inches for walking.
You can always find treadmills within 13-20 inches width and 40-60 inches length.
It is not beneficial to buy treadmills with thin running belts. Thin running belts are not appropriate for running and intense workouts as these tend to wear out very fast and need to be replaced. The optimum thickness for running will be more or equal to 2-ply.
This is the maximum weight that a treadmill can hold. This weight is a reflection of the durability of the machine. Always go for treadmills with high weight capacity so it does not rattle during your exercise sessions.
Note: Always buy a treadmill which has a maximum weight capacity that is 25 kgs more than your own weight.
Wondering where to look and what to buy? We’re here to help you with just that. VoucherCodesUAE brings you the best treadmills right from amazon.ae. And for those of you who are just starting off, a treadmill is the best appliance to choose as your first.
Powermax Fitness TDM-98 (4 HP Peak) Motorized Treadmill
Make your home into a gymnasium with this foldable, high quality, and easily operable treadmill.
- This treadmill comes with a 1.75 HP continuous and 4 HP Peak DC motor and a maximum weight capacity of 100 kg.
- The maximum speed of operation is 1.0- 10 km/hr. Furthermore, you get an abundant running surface of 1.0-43.3 inches x15.7 inches.
- With 12 pre-set workout programs and three target-based models, you can keep track of your time, speed, calories burnt, distance covered and heart rate on the 5.5 inch LED display.
- The running belt is 5 layered and glass textures so need to worry about skidding.
- You also get a USB / AUX connection so you can enjoy your music as you burn those calories.
Buy it here.
Sparnod Fitness STH-1200 (3 HP Peak) Automatic Treadmill
A great fitness treadmill is one you don’t wanna stop walking on. And if you’re looking for that, this is one great option.
- With a 1.75 HP Continuous & 3 HP Peak Motor, this treadmill provides a maximum speed ranging from 1 – 12 KM/H.
- The shock absorbent Anti-slip lawn texture running belt has dimensions 1100 x 400 mm/ 44 x 16 inches. This provides comfortable workout sessions giving you enough space for all your workouts.
- The 12 preset workout programs give you a wide choice. You can customize your workout by changing the time, speed, and calories.
- The emergency stop switch provides safety assurance.
- The Hi-Fi speaker can be connected to your USB or through AUX. The 3 inches LED display enables you to check your heart rate.
- Maximum weight: 100 kgs
Get it here.
Powermax Fitness AC Motor (4HP Peak) Motorized Treadmill
Get your perfect workout sessions with this great treadmill packed with great features.
- This Treadmill has a 2HP (4HP Peak) AC Motor. The maximum capacity is 110 kgs and it comes with wheels for transportation.
- The 48.4 inches x 18.1 inches running surface gives you a comfortable workout. You can go upto 0.8 to 14.8 km/hr with speed select hotkeys.
- Also get variable workout intensity with 15% automatic incline.
- Keep track of time, speed, distance, calories and heart rate on the 5 Inch LED display. You also get 12 workout programs with 3 target based modes.
- Also, the Dual Jumping Wheels with Double Layer Running Board give superior shock absorption.
- The speakers can be connected to USB/AUX for a fun workout.
- Maximum user weight: 110 kgs
Get it here.
Sparnod Fitness STH-5000 (5 HP Peak) Automatic Treadmil
Get sweaty, get tired with this great treadmill. Loaded with all the best features, this is the one you don’t want to miss.
- 2.5 HP Continuous & 5 HP Peak Motor supports a speed ranging from 0.8 – 18 KM/H along with 3 count modes to help you meet a variety of fitness goals.
- The large 1260 x 450 mm/50 x 17 Inch 4 layer running belt has an anti-slip lawn texture running belt. This ensures premium comfort and shock absorption along with ample of space.
- Burn more with the 1-18% auto incline. Choose from 12 workout programs or customize manually.
- Play your favorite music on the 2 Hi-Fi speakers using USB/AUX. Also track time, calories, distance, speed, and heart rate on the clear 5 Inch LCD display.
- The EZfold technology utilizes a hydraulic shock to help in folding and unfolding the machine.
- Maximum weight: 125kgs
Buy it here.
Sparnod Fitness STH-6000 3 HP (6 HP Peak) Automatic Motorized Treadmill
Want a multifunctional workout tool? This treadmill gives you just that.
- Get a powerful message for your stomach, back thighs and calves. Do your sit-ups using trh sit up bar.
- The 3 HP (6 HP Peak) gives you a maximum speed of 15 km/hr. The running surface is a large 51 x 20 inches and has a maximum user weight of 140 kgs.
- You can also increase your workout intensity with 1-18% auto – incline.
- 15.6 Inch LCD touch screen with WiFi lets you watch videos. You can listen to your favorite songs using USB or AUX.
- The hydraulic assist system helps you lift and fold the machine easily when not in use.
- You can choose out of the 12 preset workout programs or customize your own.
Get it here.
Maintaining your Treadmill
While maintaining treadmills is relatively easy, there are certain factors that you need to keep in mind.
- Wipe your treadmill after every use.
- Secondly, vacuum around and below the treadmill and also inside the treadmill regularly to remove dust.
- Lubricate the deck below the belt every 150-200 miles to ensure long lasting use.
- Align the belt and tighten it as needed.
- Make sure your treadmill is placed on a leveled surface.
- It’s better to invest on treadmill mats to prevent damage due to vibration.
Losing more weight
- The HIIT or high intensity interval training has gained a lot of importance. HIIT is a workout routine consisting of alternate intense exercise and rest schedules. On your treadmill you can follow this high intensity workout and burn that extra fat.
- Challenge yourself by increasing the inclination. Simulate running or walking on a hill. This increases your heart rate and you will burn more calories.
- Follow a particular workout plan. For example you can make a strict weekly workout schedule according to your convenience.
- Find your fat burning zone. Track your heart rate and find your maximum heart rate. Your fat burning zone is just your maximum heart rate minus your age. 70% of this value is the fat burning zone. Get that and work just enough to shed that quarantine weight.
Treadmills: Questions answered
Do treadmills help in burning belly fat?
Treadmills do not necessarily target one body part like your belly or things. However cardio exercises and aerobic exercise like walking can reduce the fat content of the entire body.
Combine balanced diet with a strict workout routine on your treadmill and you’ll surely get there.
What speed should I walk on a treadmill?
Your speed choices depend on you. But for most people 2-4 mph is optimum walking speed. 4-5 is right for a fast walk and anything above these means jogging or running.
You can always change your speed according to your convenience and find that perfect pace for you.
Should my running form vary on a treadmill?
It is not necessary to change your running form. Wherever you run, good running form is the same. Just take care of where you are on the treadmill. Running too back off might land you on the floor while going up in the very front might just lead to short strides and ineffective workouts.
Shed all your quarantine weight with these best treadmills and workout essentials. Get ready to go back to work post quarantine wearing the best workshoes and the best sustainable fashion wear. There’s nothing better than being confident and feeling good.
Get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org